Pertussis Information for Providers
Alerts and Advisories
- ACIP Provisional Recommendations for Pregnant Women on Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap) (August 5, 2011) [PDF]
- Torlakson Letter to School Superintendents and Administrators (May 13, 2011)
- Message From State Superintendent Torlakson About the Importance of the New Tdap Vaccine Requirement (February 1, 2011) [PDF]
General Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Pertussis
Pharmacies and Clinics offering Tdap in San Mateo County
- Pharmacies Offering Tdap Vaccine in San Mateo County
- Where Can I Get Vaccinated Against Pertussis?
- Shots for School – California’s website for school immunization information
General Information about Pertussis and Tdap Vaccination
- CDC MMWR "Updated Recommendations for Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap) in Pregnant Women — Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012"
- CDC MMWR "Prevention of Pertussis, Tetanus and Diphtheria Among Pregnant and Postpartum Women and Their Infants"
- CDC MMWR "Preventing Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis Among Adults: Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine"
- CDPH Pertussis Vaccine Information from the CDPH Immunization Branch
- CDC Pertussis Vaccine Information
Antimicrobial Treatment and Prophylaxis
- Clinical Management of Pertussis in Young Infants
- CDC MMWR "Recommended Antimicrobial Agents for the Treatment and Postexposure Prophylaxis of Pertussis"
To report a confirmed or suspected case of Pertussis, call (650) 573-2346 or fax (650) 573-2919
Information about Testing for Pertussis
- Helpful Materials: Posters, web banners, radio PSAs
- Videos: Shot by Shot
- Flyer: Whooping Cough is on the Rise in California; Protect Your Baby