Linguistic Access and Cultural Competence
As a Health System, we are committed to improving the accessibility of health and health-related services for residents who have limited English proficiency (LEP).
In partnership with County agencies, community organizations and Gibson and Associates, we have completed a countywide needs assessment of linguistic access to health care services, which pointed to some promising approaches and areas of significant concern in San Mateo County.
- San Mateo County Health System Cultural and Linguistic Access Standards [PDF]
- Linguistic Access Overview Presentation [PDF]
Linguistic Access Study: Summary of Findings and Recommendations [PDF]
(Hard copies of the final report are available in limited supply. Please contact Joseph Balabis, email@example.com to request a copy.)
- Summary of Model Programs and Promising Practices in Linguistic Access [PDF]
- Community and Client Input [PDF]
- Program Manager Survey: Summary of Findings [PDF]
- Staff Survey: Summary of Findings [PDF]
For more information, please contact Joseph Balabis, Community Health Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org